Friday, January 28, 2011

Mackenzie's First Birthday

Mackenzie is now 13 months so I'm a little behind on birthday posting! We had so much fun celebrating her first year of life. 

We had her first party in Memphis, Tennessee with my family while we were visiting for Thanksgiving and it was a blast! She loved playing with my cousins and getting to know everyone. I wish we could have stayed longer so she could have a better memory of it all.We had a family party at my Aunt Marcia's home and it was so fun! Mackenzie did not want to touch the cake so unlike many one year olds, she was fed her birthday cake. She's so silly. I love her so so much though! We're so grateful for everyone who came and had a great time with us.

Her second party was in Clermont, FL at Hancock Park and I think her favorite part was running around the pavilion while conquering her fear of stepping onto grass. She is so cautious and wants nothing to do with that green stuff on the ground. She'll only walk on cement. Sometimes she'll be brave and walk in it but not often. Many of our friends and family came out and celebrated and it was so nice to catch up and hang out with everyone. It was beautiful outside and the perfect day for a park party! I wish I had taken pictures there but I was so busy.

The  third and final party was on her actual birthday and it was very small. The three of us, Micah and Kenzie's Grandma Sandra met at Chuck E Cheese and had a great time playing! I had no idea Mackenzie would enjoy it as much as she did. Luckily, it was a school night and there weren't many people there so we had it almost to ourselves. We played hard! She is a very brave girl and just goes for anything (except grass apparently). By the time we pulled out of the parking lot she was fast asleep. 

Mackenzie is such a sweet girl and brings unmeasurable joy into my life. The love I have for her grows everyday and I enjoy talking and teaching her so much. She's bright and has funny little quirks that are all her own. I love her sweet giggle and shy smiles. It cracks me up how she thinks dogs not only bark but most other animals with the exception of horses and monkeys. I love her little signs that she's developed to let us know things she isn't old enough to express yet. She's smart and just tons of fun. She has such an appreciation for books, colors, animals and so much more and I'm overall just excited to watch her grow into the beautiful, smart girl that she's becoming. I know I might be a little biased because I'm Mommy although Mommy knows best, right? Haha :)

Here are some photos from her parties. Thank you to everyone who made this year so special! We love all our friends and family!







Grandma Sandra and Mackenzie




Cousins Sophie and Spencer :)



Three Generations- Mommy, Kenzie & Mammaw

No comments:

Post a Comment