Saturday, September 18, 2010

Nathaniel's Birthday Celebration


Nathaniel is turning 24 on September 20th, yay! We decided to celebrate a couple days earlier since Nathaniel has to work on the actual big day. We had so much fun and I wish birthdays were every weekend!

We had lunch at Olive Garden and a big group to enjoy it with. Nathaniel, his 4 brothers and sister, Grandparents, Mother, soon to be step sister, Uncle, Sarah and Dominic! The food was wonderful and I loved seeing Nathaniel so happy and laughing constantly. Mackenzie gave little one year old Dominic a smooch as well, it was too cute!! I wish I had been able to take a photo, he's a sweet little boy! Mackenzie was a little grumpy during lunch because it was nap time and baby needs her sleep like Mommy and Daddy. We are a family who gets a case of the "grumpys" if we don't have enough rest, haha. The only thing that could have been different would have been to have a round table so everyone could see and talk to one another. Thanks to everyone who came out!


Afterwards, the siblings all met up at Walmart to take photos! It was something I really wanted to have done and was happy when Nathaniel's mom got everyone together. The boys all took a photo together and they were so funny, I'm not really sure what they were doing but I heard lots of laughter. All the siblings took a picture and then one with their Mom which was one of my favorites! Nathaniel and I finally took a family picture with Mackenzie and it turned out pretty good. The pictures come out October 1st and I am so excited to see them and make more prints! I see some fun frame projects in my future!

Three of Nathaniel's brothers came to our home afterwards and played video games and did fantasy basketball drafts while I made cupcakes. They turned out so yummy also! They left not too long ago to play pool and walk around The Village's Square and I'm sure they are having fun. I'm so happy that Nathaniel has been able to spend so much time with his family. I know the Navy can take us anywhere and everywhere so it's wonderful that he's been able to make fun memories today.

Speaking of Navy, we will be learning more this upcoming week after Nathaniel finishes his final and takes his ASVAB. I am so excited to finally get the ball rolling on all of it.


Happy Birthday Daddy & Husband! We Love You!!


2 comments:

  1. I ordered Nathan's gift and it should be there in a couple days. I absolutely love the pic of you and Kenzie. She sure will smile for the camera. It is a wonderful pic of you too. I wish I could have gone to eat with you guys. Love seeing the pictures though. I am glad you got the pictures made with the family, can't wait to see them. I hope Nathan has a good birthday, hate he has to work, but glad he is out celebrating tonite. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun, thank you for thinking of it. Can't wait to see the pictures. Another great idea!

    ReplyDelete